During Detailed Planning, analogous to Construction Documents, the plan is refined to a greater detail with an emphasis on how the venue will operate. Commodities (temporary fencing, barricade, FF&E, etc.) are quantified. Constituent groups are typically beginning to fill managerial positions at this point, and the documents serve as both a construction tool and manpower planning tool. The emphasis is on Integration: ensuring that all groups seamlessly integrate during the event.
The documents also serve as the basis for the development of the Operations Plan: a detailed document explaining who, what, where, when and why during the course of the event.
Detailed Planning resultants:
- Refinements to Programming, Block Planning and Operations Development resultants
- Integration of commodity vendor product placements
- Contracts for commodity vendors
- Delivery, installation, operations and removal of temporary commodities final
- Restoration and decommissioning scope and schedule final
- Operational plans final
Next: Site Management